DMT Crystals, also known as “the spirit molecule,” are hallucinogenics that occur naturally in many plants and animals. They produce effects very similar to common psychedelics like psilocybin and LSD, but these effects are much more concentrated. A DMT trip is different from psilocybin or LSD because it takes you to a place “out of this world” instead of modifying your relationship with the current one. In most instances, people use DMT by smoking it. However, various cultures have brewed and prepared ayahuasca for ritual and religious purposes dating back thousands of years.
DMT Crystals are a powder derived from certain plants found in Mexico, South America, and Asia. These plants include Phalaris, Delosperma, Acacia, Desmodium, Mimosa, Virola, and Psychotria. The chemical root structure of DMT expertly binds with both the adrenal and serotonin receptors in the brain, particularly the serotonin 5-ht2a receptor. This receptor interacts directly with the visual cortex and is the primary target of most hallucinogenics.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that has a significant effect on the majority of our brain cells. Serotonin is one of our essential hormones and impacts your entire body. Not only does it help forge neural pathways between brain cells, but it also helps to regulate sleeping, eating, and digestion. There is evidence that DMT is also produced naturally in the human body. Some hypothesize that the body releases DMT at both instances of birth and death, which is why people have vivid memory flashbacks during near-death experiences.
When smoked, the average dose of DMT Crystals is somewhere between 30 to 150mg. Users can feel the onset of effects almost instantly. The effects peak and plateau for 3 to 5 minutes and gradually drop off with the duration of effect totalling 30 to 45 minutes. When consumed as a brew like ayahuasca, the average dose is between 35 to 75mg. You can expect to feel the effects after 30 to 45 minutes, with the peak coming after 2 to 3 hours. The total length of an ingested DMT trip lasts upwards of 4 to 6 hours.
Effects of DMT Crystals
As is the case with most hallucinogens, Changa affects everyone a little differently. Some enjoy it tremendously, having “life-changing” experiences. Others can find the experience overwhelming, primarily due to the intense psychoactive effects of DMT. People have described the effects of DMT like they were “travelling through a tunnel of bright lights and shapes at warp speed.”
Others detail out-of-body experiences or see themselves as changed into something else. In some more extreme cases, people claim to have been transported to another world and interacted with strange beings. Other effects include an altered sense of time, depersonalization, euphoria, feeling as if you’re floating, and vivid hallucinations.
Most users have an enjoyable time while consuming DMT Crystals and find renewed inner peace when they come down from the ‘High.’
The effects of DMT can cause severe side effects in some people. Many people who use DMT report an extremely unpleasant come down, physically and mentally and emotionally. It is important to note that some people report feeling adverse mental effects for days or even weeks following a DMT trip.
Other adverse side effects include agitation, chest pain or tightness, dizziness, diarrhea, increased blood pressure, nausea, paranoia, rapid eye movement and heart rate, and visual disturbances. In extreme cases, DMT can cause seizures and loss of muscle coordination. It can also be incredibly harmful in those at risk for heart disease and high blood pressure as it spikes heart rate and blood pressure rapidly.
As mentioned before, the duration of effects depends on many factors. For example, how often does someone use DMT, whether they have eaten or consumed other substances like alcohol and other substances?
How to use DMT Crystals
The difference between an amazing experience and a mediocre experience can be made with proper preparation. Here are some tricks to make your experience truly special.
- Avoid consuming DMT on a full stomach, it’ll reduce its effectiveness.
- Try to use a clean pipe, the more residue in the pipe the harsher the Vapour may be.
- If using a torch make sure to hold 2-3″ below and keep the pipe moving side to side.
- You want to make the amount of vapour minimal for the cleanest smoking experience.
- Find the right environment, if you plan on doing it with friends, make sure that you’re all on the same wavelength. Typically once you’ve started to use DMT you get very quiet and introspective. Distractions of any sort, such as friends asking you questions or talking to you will significantly take away from the experience.
- Make sure that you’re comfortable, you’ll have little desire to move during a trip, ideally sitting down or lying down.
- While the best visuals happen with your eyes closed it’s beneficial to have the right atmosphere. It’s great to do outside, or if inside, I favour somewhere comfy with ‘fractals’ or ‘trippy’ visuals from youtube in the background.
- Sometimes audio can help spur the trip; it’s ideal that it’s not distracting from the trip so I’d suggest avoiding music with strong vocals, generally, instrumental/electronic music is beneficial.
- Take long deep pulls until your lungs feel full and then hold it for as long as is comfortable. Do this as many times as you need until you’ve reached the level of effect desired.
These are the best DMT Vape carts found online in Canada for the price. Use Portal DMT Vape Carts to take yourself to other dimensions.
How to Vaporize DMT
Here’s a short video explaining how DMT can be vaporized.